Formatt-Hitech’s new UV filters with Firecrest coating are the single most effective tool available for eliminating UV contamination and increasing contrast and acuity in your images, while also providing protection for the front element of your valuable lenses. This 370nm offers additional UV protection over the basic Firecrest UV making it a great everyday UV filter for discerning shooters. For maximum UV reduction (shooting at high altitudes for example) a UV 400nm is also available. Firecrest UV’s feature our exclusive Firecrest multicoating, that is both anti-reflective and hydrophobic, coated to broadcast quality glass in the thinnest rings on the market. This 49mm filter features the 5.5mm SuperSlim ring which is the thinnest stackable ring on the market.
Features Firecrest UV 370
- Firecrest UV 370nm Multicoated filter is available with SuperSlim 5.5mm stackable or UltraSlim 3mm non-stackable ring
- Provides essential lens protection while improving image quality by reducing UV
- Firecrest multicoating is anti-reflective and hydrophobic for shooting in challenging conditions
- 370nm is our mid-level UV, suitable for professional applications and everyday use. A 400nm UV is also available maximum UV reduction.
- Made in the UK on the most advanced computer-controlled manufacturing equipment in the industry.
Intro to UV Filters
UV haze. It’s a problem that photographers face everyday. Haze reduces the overall contrast of an image and is almost always the first environmental phenomena to ruin your chances of turning that landscape photograph into fine-art. Haze is caused by ultraviolet contamination on your digital sensor or film, and causes the image to appear faded blue, gray or milky.
Formatt-Hitech’s new UV filters with Firecrest coating are the single most effective tool available for eliminating UV contamination and increasing contrast and acuity in your images, while also providing protection for the front element of your valuable lenses. Firecrest also increases the scratch resistance of the UV filter.
Firecrest is a multi-coating that was developed to provide the absolute highest UV protection. Firecrest is a precision and high fidelity product suitable for scientific evaluation. Firecrest was designed for the demands of professional photographers using top lenses from Zeiss, Hasselblad, Leica, Canon and more. If you’re a connoisseur of precision optics, choose Firecrest.