NISI 100x150mm Nano IR Soft Grad ND 32 (1.5) – 5 Stops
The NiSi 100x150mm Nano Soft-Edge Graduated IRND 1.5 Filter is a rectangular filter that helps to darken specific areas of an image, such as bright skies, while allowing for a normal, unaffected exposure in the other regions of the image. The filter is densest at the edge and tapers to clear by the middle, with a soft-edged line of transition between the dense and clear areas. A neutral density filter with a soft-edged line of transition is particularly useful for images that do not have a strongly defined transition between the sky and the foreground. Neutral density filters do not affect the coloration of the image and this filter provides up to a 5-stop reduction in light from entering the lens.
The design of this filter has been optimized for use with digital sensors and to promote nearly flat attenuation of visible and infrared light. Due to imaging sensors’ greater susceptibility to infrared light, compared to traditional film, color casts can occur when photographing darker subjects that require increased exposure times. To provide a high level of neutrality across the visible and infrared spectrums to eliminate color casts and ensure cleaner, truer blacks when using the NiSi 100 x 150mm Nano Soft-Edge Graduated IRND 1.5 Filter, one layer of NiSi Optical Nano Coating is applied to each of this filter’s surfaces. The Nano coating associated with this filter also results in an improved beading effect when in contact with water or oil for greater cleaning efficiency.
This NiSi 100x150mm Nano Soft-Edge Graduated IRND 1.5 Filter is constructed from optical glass for clarity as well as color fidelity, and measures 2mm thick.
- 100x150mm graduated neutral density filter darkens bright areas of an image, such as skies, while leaving the remainder of the frame unaffected.
- 32x filter factor provides up to a 5-stop reduction of light in selective areas.
- Soft-edged line of transition between the dense and clear areas.
- Useful for images that do not have a strongly defined transition between the sky and the foreground.
- Filter does not affect coloration of the image and is ideal for use with other filters.
- Each surface includes one layer of NiSi Optical Nano Coating that attenuates infrared light as well as visible wavelengths, to maintain color neutrality and suppress color casts due to increased exposure times.
- Nano coating provides an improved beading effect with water or oil for more efficient cleaning.
- Constructed from optical glass for clarity.
- Leatherette pouch included for storage and transport.