SONY E PZ 18-110mm f/4G OSS
For professional Super 35 mm/APS-C production
This powered zoom lens delivers optimum performance in Super 35 mm/APS-C moviemaking applications, starting at 18 mm wide-angle and extending through an impressive 6.1x zoom range with a constant F4 maximum aperture. G Lens optical performance delivers image quality that is suitable for 4K throughout the zoom range, right out to the image periphery.
Smooth Motion Optics meet pro cinema needs
Sony’s original SMO (Smooth Motion Optics) design and construction minimizes optical shifts that can have a negative impact on movie quality. Focus breathing is minimized by an internal focus mechanism, focus shift is eliminated by precise focus tracking adjustment, and axial shift is minimized by a constant-length design.
High-level, versatile zoom control
In addition to smooth powered zoom, mechanical manual zoom ensures control with no lag. The desired angle of view can be accurately reached without overshoot or undershoot. Zoom ring direction can be easily switched as required, smooth, slow powered zoom is supported, and an inner zoom mechanism means that the length of the lens remains constant.
Refined focus operation and features
The focus ring slides to switch between auto and manual focus, so the switchover can be made with no break or change in shooting posture. A 0.8 mm pitch focus gear is built right into the lens, providing direct compatibility with standard focusing accessories.
Ideal size and weight for active shooting
Compact, lightweight design contributes to the kind of mobility that active movie shooting demands. Small size and low weight can be advantageous when using gimbals and other types of support, too.
Built-in Optical SteadyShot image stabilization helps to keep captured images stable and blur-free in a wide range of shooting conditions. It can be a huge advantage when shooting in low light, minimizing the need to boost ISO and possibly introduce noise, as well as when moving around with the camera.
Reliable in challenging conditions
- MOUNT : Sony E-mount
- FORMAT : APS-C
- FOCAL LENGTH (MM) : 18–110
- 35 MM EQUIVALENT FOCAL LENGTH (APS-C) : 27–165
- LENS GROUPS / ELEMENTS : 15–18
- ANGLE OF VIEW (35 MM) : – 2
- ANGLE OF VIEW (APS-C) : 76 °–14 ° 30′
- MAXIMUM APERTURE (F) : 4
- MINIMUM APERTURE (F) : 22
- APERTURE BLADES : 7
- CIRCULAR APERTURE : Yes
- MINIMUM FOCUS DISTANCE : 1.31 (W)–3.12 (T) ft (AF/MF); 3.12 ft (Full MF) (0.4 (W)–0.95 (T) m (AF/MF); 0.95 m (Full MF))
- MAXIMUM MAGNIFICATION RATIO (X) : 0.122
- FILTER DIAMETER (MM) : 95
- IMAGE STABILIZATION (STEADYSHOT) : Yes
- ZOOM SYSTEM : Both manual and powered
- Size & Weight
- DIMENSIONS (DIAMETER X LENGTH)
- 4 3/8 x 6 5/8 in (110 x 167.5 mm)
- WEIGHT : 39 oz (1,105 g) (Without tripod mount)
What’s In The Box
- Hood (model): ALC-SH148
- Lens front cap: yes
- Lens rear cap: ALC-R1EM
- Case: Yes
- Other: Tripod mount